Benefits of Working with a GCM
Benefits of Care Management Services
Care management services are offered in a variety of settings. We believe that GCM members use the model that best serves the clients and their representatives. Practitioners can offer:
- Short-term or ongoing assistance for long-distance caregivers.
- Personalized, gentle services specifically to meet the client’s wants and needs.
- Accessibility since many GCM members are available after hours and on weekends.
- Continuity of care management to reduce miscommunications, time, stress, and cost to clients.
- Efficiency and flexibility GCM services are streamlined and client-centered, not complicated by bureaucratic red tape.
- Cost-control. GCM members strive to reduce inappropriate institutional care and overuse of services. They match the service to the client’s needs and help contain costs. Ongoing monitoring can prevent costly crises and unnecessary hospitalizations.
- Quality control. GCM has adopted standards of practice for all its members. In addition, all full members are reviewed for educational and experience requirements prior to acceptance.
Who Uses GCM Services?
Geriatric Care Management services have been provided by our members to:
- Families around the country
- Banks and trust officers
- Physicians and allied health professionals
- Social service providers
- Senior housing communities